Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bake Sale 2012

 Every year at the GRDC dance recital there is also a bake sale and auction as a fundraiser for a charity. This year it was for Operation Homefront. I made these cookies:
 For Christmas, Melodie's Great Aunt Natalie gave her ninja cookie cutters. She loved them and could hardly wait to use them. The opportunity finally came with this bake sale. One of the numbers the kids were dancing to was "Kung Fu Fighting", so I turned the ninja cookies into karate cookies. The only difficult part was then I had to do a face. I think they turned out pretty darn cute!
 I also made cotton candy cupcakes. I used the recipe from bakingdom.com. She makes them into a Harry Potter themed cupcake by making a Honeydukes tag. I didn't do that for the bake sale, but if I ever do a Harry Potter themed party I would definately make them. The cupcakes were a little more dense than I like, but the flavor was great. I love how the recipe uses real cotton candy and not a flavoring. I think I'm going to try them again with a different base recipe (or maybe even just a box mix).

No comments:

Post a Comment