Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cars Land Preview

 I can't believe I forgot to blog about this. If I had done it earlier it would have been more exciting. Now Cars Land has officially opened, but on the 11th, I was able to go to the annual passholder preview. It was great to see the new land at DCA before the opening, especially because I probably won't be back to see it until after summer.
 We had from 6pm to 11pm to spend in Buena Vista Street (the new entrance area) and Cars Land. It was plenty of time.
 The Buena Vista Street theme is beautiful.
Even though we took pictures on the trolley, we didn't get to see Mickey and the news boys. Bummer! I'm a fan of Newsies from back in the day, so I look forward to seeing this. There was plenty of other atmosphere talent and characters though. Here's the ones we saw in the few minutes we were there:
We stopped for a quick look at Ghiradelli and then entered Cars Land.
Unfortunately, Radiator Springs Racers, the first attraction we came to (and the attraction we were most excited about) was down. Luigi's Flying Tires was an incredibly long wait, so we looked around a bit before going on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. While I wouldn't wait that long for it again, it was at least under an hour. Plus the queue had cute signs from all the Mater shorts. Cindy and I couldn't resist a picture with these:
It was a fun ride. After that we spent time looking around at the area. The theming was incredible. So much detail. One of my favorite things was this:
See Buzz? This was in the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel.
After looking around a bit, we grabbed food (in my case just a milkshake) at Flo's Cafe.
By the way, the neon at night was perfect. The place glowed with neon signs. I loved it! While we were eating we saw Radiator Springs Racers opened. We went over after we were done and opted for the single rider line. 20 min. vs. 95 min. is a no brainer for us. It was a great ride. It reminded me a little of Test Track at Epcot.
 Luigi's Flying Tires was finally a shorter wait. It was my least favorite of the three. You lean to make the tire move and throw giant beach balls. The problem is there's really no where to go (think of really big bumper cars) and once you throw a beach ball it's difficult to get another one. Hopefully you got one in the beginning (there's not enough for everyone).
 We rode Radiator Springs Racers once more (yay single rider!) before calling it a night.

 Overall, Cars Land is a lot of fun. My only problem with it is that two of the height requirements are 32" and the Racers are 40". For a land themed after such a popular kids movie, I'm surprised their wasn't at least one attraction for a family to ride together.
 I can't wait to take Melodie. She'll love the attractions.




No comments:

Post a Comment