Friday, April 27, 2012

CANMT Trip: Roswell Part 1

We're almost there!
A McDonald's billboard with an out of this world theme. Now I was getting excited. I can't wait for the Welcome to Roswell or City of Roswell sign!
What? Dairy capitol? Where's the aliens? Where's the sci-fi? Dairy? Huh. It took about 10 more minutes, but then we were surrounded by aliens. Alien stuff was for sell all over the place.
And even businesses that didn't have anything to do with aliens were smart enough to add a few outsied their stores.
I especially loved the light posts.

I knew I wanted to start at the Visitor's Center. I'm very glad we did. This mailbox is right out front.

I love this place! Inside, the Visitor's Center was full of aliens and information.

There were a few things I knew I wanted to do, but the Visitor's Center was still worth the stop. I received a map and found out about other things to do that I didn't know about. But we were in a hurry. We had an hour to spend at the UFO Museum before it closed at that was a must do on my list.


There was a timeline concerning the crash. There were all kinds of things about sightings.

But this was Melodie's favorite.

There was music, lights and a little bit of movement. You can see video of it on their website.
 Luckily, it was a pretty small place, so by the time they were closing we were done. We enjoyed the store next door (they didn't allow pictures) and found some cute alien things. This is where Melodie spent the first of her money. Before our trip we took her piggy bank to the bank where they have a coin counter. She knew that half would go into savings and half would be her spending money on the trip. To my surprise she ended up with $20 for the trip. She spent a few dollars on an alien egg and a glow in the dark alien lollipop.
 We took the opportunity to walk around looking at all the alien display windows when Melodie noticed alien footprints on the ground.
We followed them, of course.

They led us here:
We were greeted by a man behind the counter wearing Vulcan ears and watching 3rd Rock From the Sun, who gave us a Vulcan salute. My people! Melodie saw the "Spacewalk" and was dying to go in. It was basically a blacklight room, but she loved it.


Melodie bought a couple more things (including an alien ring) and we bought her these. I couldn't resist! I loved how much she was liking aliens.
We weren't hungry yet, but there wasn't anything alien-related that was open. What to do?









No comments:

Post a Comment