Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CANMT Trip: Where did the name come from?

I spent hours and hours preparing for this trip. I needed to come up with a name for my favorites folder, Pinterest Board, etc... At first I came up with Road Trip 2012. We have done a road trip before (in 2009 through Oregon, Washington and Canada), so the date was necessary. I didn't want to keep typing numbers, so it quickly changed to CANMT Trip. CANMT is the first letter of the states we were traveling through on this road trip. We started in California, then went to the more southern parts of Arizona and New Mexico. Our destination was the Dallas area in Texas. Then we headed back to the more northern parts of Arizona and New Mexico and finally came home to California.
As I mentioned before, I spent a lot of time mapping this out. I didn't want to spend more than 8 hours a day in the car. I wanted to be sure we had places to stay (camping or motels). I wanted to be sure we saw the sights. If it had been just me and Rocky I probably wouldn't have done quite as much planning, but with a 5 year old I figured the more that was planned out, the better the trip would be. It's not much fun to spend more time in a car trying to find a place to stay, or going to a place only to find out it's closed, when you've already spent hours in the car. I had two binders (one for on the way to Texas and the other one for on the way back) full of our information (reservations, things to do, coupons, and maps). These were very helpful.
But back to the name. For the rest of this blog, our trip will be referred to as the CANMT Trip. This is how I referred to it while planning and while on the trip, so I can't stop now!


No comments:

Post a Comment