Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Harry Potter Adventures

 I am so glad that even though the books and movies are all finished, Harry Potter love hasn't stopped. This week alone we participated in two Harry Potter themed activities.
 But first some background on the kind of Harry Potter fans we are. Rocky and I have read all the books (this says something since my husband is not the reader I am). We also saw and now own all the movies.
 I went to a book release at a book store.
 We went to midnight showings.
We would even let Melodie hang out in line with us until bedtime. We didn't do this in the beginning because she was too little. But the older she got, the more she didn't want to miss out.
 I've made Harry Potter cupcakes.


We've been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Florida.
Now that was amazing! We loved everything about it. The attention to detail was superb. And now there's going to be one in Hollywood! That is such exciting news.
 So you can see we are fans. As fans we look for things to still connect with the story of Harry Potter. Which brings us to Pottermore! We had a friend who was one of the beta testers. But I tried to stay away from looking at things about it until I could get on. And now we can. Rocky and I have both made it through the first book and are anxious for the second to be available. I got my wand (a 12 1/2" maple with a dragon core) and I have loved making potions. I wish there was a way to earn more galleons. But the big news is the sorting. I thought for sure I was going to be sorted into Slytherin. I ended up in Ravenclaw!
This did surprise me a little. But as I read the description by J.K. Rowling it fit. I'm thrilled with my house and am trying my best to add to the house points.

And Rocky was sorted into Gryffindor!

I expected this. What I didn't expect is that he was actually given a choice. At the end of his sorting he was asked if he would rather be sorted into Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. 
 To celebrate Pottermore and the sorting a friend and I made Butterbeer Cupcakes. They were fun to make and turned out great. The frosting is very sweet.
And so our Harry Potter adventures continue. We look forward to more Pottermore, showing Melodie the rest of the movies, reading her the books and Harry Potter in Hollywood. Thanks J.K. Rowling!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm so there! I love me some HP!!! I haven't read all the books yet, but I started with the kids a few months back...Nick went on his own & is half way through...I love all your stuff, Sarah!!! I'm inviting myself to your next HP get together! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course your invited Maile! You should join Pottermore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Maile! Join Pottermore and be as insane as the rest of us! : D

    ReplyDelete