Sunday, April 22, 2012

CANMT Trip: Easter Pageant

 We went to the Mesa Arizona Temple hours before the pageant started. We wanted seats in the front in order to see my niece better. My sister and her family usually go to the area where you can sit on blankets on the ground, but they are near the back. This year we sat in the chairs in the second row. Score! Another fun thing they do is bring dinner to eat while waiting. Then we spent a little time in the Visitor's Center and around the rest of the Temple grounds.

 

Melodie and her cousins
 
 Soon the cast was walking around visiting with the audience. They are always willing to pose for a picture and answer questions. I love seeing the costumes up close.
 
 This time we were thrilled because family members were in the cast. It was great to see them in their costumes.
With my cousin Robert                        Robert let Mel hold the shield
 
With my Uncle                                          With my Aunt and her grandson
 
My niece

 Another fun treat was that we saw the animals up close. There were ponies, a lamb and the cutest little goat.
My nephew and sister with the cute little goat

 Because of the date we were able to go to the pageant, we were going to be seeing it in Spanish. This wasn't too bothersome because Melodie and I saw it this year and Rocky speaks Spanish. Plus, we know the story. Turns out they also had headset translators. This was helpful.
 The pageant was wonderful. It's emotional to see the life of Christ acted out on a stage. The kids always take it hard when it comes to the Crucifixion. One niece cried. Melodie took off her headset and closed her eyes. It is difficult to watch. The whole pageant is so well done and we loved seeing my niece up there.

After a visit to the temple, my sister and her family always go to the little Dairy Queen right next to the temple. Nice little tradition.
The pagaent is a wonderful way to remember the reason we celebrate Easter. I'm glad we were able to go this year. And that we were able to go with so much family.
 
My mom with all her grandkids (a very happy grandma)

No comments:

Post a Comment