Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Kenya Day 2

Savanna Safari

We had another friend spend time with us today, which made all the activities for today even more fun!
We started off with a little reading
and then watched an Animal Atlas episode 

Art with Mr. Giannetto has some great art projects. When I saw the Giraffe Silhouettes in the African Savanna, I knew I had found the perfect craft. There are so many crafts out there with African animals, but this one seemed a little more artsy and less crafty, if that makes any sense. 



The girls did them a little differently than the instructions on the Art with Mr. Giannetto blog. Instead of drawing and then painting the giraffe, they drew it onto black paper. They used this book to help draw the giraffe:
I love, love, love the way their art turned out.

Then they went on a safari...a math safari! Armed with my camera and this worksheet I made 
the girls took off looking for items (with Aria tagging along). Here are some of my favorites:
Another math activity that was a hit! 

After her friend went home, Melodie learned about the African Savannah food web using exploringnature.org.


(I got the idea for a math scavenger hunt at teacherspayteachers.com, but I wanted something consolidated to only one page and wanted it to be a photo hunt)





No comments:

Post a Comment