Monday, July 6, 2015

Kenya Day 1

Kenya!! Leaving South America and on to Africa. 

I attempted a field trip today, but the place I wanted to go to wasn't open. Store hours weren't on the website or the phone message, but I thought we'd give it a try any way. Closed on Mondays! Not to make the drive worthless (and because we had a friend with us), we walked by the ocean and got ice cream. 

But first, fun cutout pirate pictures. Except the random Elsa one. Aria just loves Elsa...so much so that it was difficult to get a picture of her looking away from the cutout and at the camera.
  


Sarah Pan!!! I love it!!

I'm not sure why they ate ice cream on a cone with a spoon, but because they did, the little one just had to as well. 

Now back to Kenya. We started off the usual way...changing the board, time zones, and a few things in the passport (including her entrance stamp). 
Then we worked on the mapping worksheet from HomeschoolCreations.net (I previously used the Argentina and Venezuela ones) and found out Melodie didn't know about the equator. So, we took a little detour.
While learning about the last two countries we talked briefly about biomes, but now it was time to dive in a little more. SwitchZoo.com has a Build a Biome activity that I thought Melodie would find interesting. We worked on the grassland biome (for Kenya) together. I thought that would be it and we'd move on, but Melodie liked it so much she wanted to do the other biomes by herself. Learning accomplished! 

Then I realized, because of the holiday weekend, I didn't get the library books for Kenya. So we spent the rest of the afternoon at the library. Not too much about Kenya, but it's just the beginning of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment