Sunday, June 28, 2015

Argentina Day 5

Field Trip day!!

We ate more Argentine food. This time we went to a nicer place and we went for lunch. 
For a special treat, Rocky joined us. 

I've never dipped bread in chimichurri before. It was so good!!

For a new food, we ordered sweet bread. We simply weren't thinking, but sweet bread is NOT a bread that is sweet. Surprisingly, it tasted pretty good (to Rocky and me), but the rest of the meal was so filling, we didn't eat much of it. 

Then I took the girls to MOLAA - The Museum of Latin American Art. 

I had prepared a booklet for Melodie of Argentine and Venezuelan (Venezuela is our country for next week) artists/art work that was in the permanent collection. NONE of it was on display. I was rather disappointed. There were two exhibits (Mexico: Fantastic Identity 20th Centrury Masterpieces from teh FEMSA Collection and Transformations), the Mexico one taking up most of the museum. I did like the Mexico exhibit (especially the work of Frida Kahlo) but I really wanted to talk about our country. Then, in the photography section of the Mexico exhibit was the famous picture of Che Guevara (apparently it is entitled Guerrillero Heroico, which I did not know) by Alberto Korda. Now, what a photograph of an Argentine by a Cuban was doing in a Mexico exhibit, I don't know. But finally! Something Argentine to talk about. 


The Transormations exhibit had a couple of Argentine and Venezuelan artists, so we talked about them, wrote down the names of artists we wanted to learn more about and picked our favorites. As we were leaving, I noticed a booklet entitled Transformations at the front desk. I grabbed one, not thinking much about it and didn't look through it until a little while later. It was perfect! It explained the exhibit and had little activities to go along with it. 

This explained the exhibit to Mel better than I could. I'm not much of a museum person.

One of the pages in the booklet. This was one of the pieces of art that we wanted to look up more about, so it was great that it was in the booklet.

A perfect activity for our theme!

This was Melodie's favorite art piece by an Argentine or Venezuelan artist.

I'm really not a huge fan of art museums, but I still want to introduce Mel to things even if I don't like them. This was a small museum, so we spent just the right amount of time there before they got too bored (Aria just spent time being cute and saying hi to everyone). 

Melodie finished her passport (she still needs her exit stamp) and we are done with Argentina (kind of...more about that next week).


No comments:

Post a Comment