Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

Before I start on our Valentine's Day this year, here's some background on how we've spent other Valentine's Day. Before Melodie was born, Rocky and I would spend the evening together, but not go out much. It's too crowded and a lot of time prices go up. Not something I enjoy. Melodie's first Valentine's Day I set up the table so that in the morning there were surprises waiting for her. She didn't really know what was going on, but a tradition was born.

The next year I thought it would be fun to have a little get together (I refused to call them parties) so Melodie could celebrate with friends. Another tradition was born and lasted until Mel started school. This year (and the next Melodie also spent the night with her Nana Raggles and Auntie June where she decorated cookies and was generally spoiled.
In 2010 Valentine's Day was on a Sunday, so we had the get together the Saturday before and I found the cutest heart dress for her to wear to church. 2011 was the first year we didn't have a get together, but Melodie had a blast celebrating at preschool.
I also made these yummy flavored whipped cream filled strawberries. Rocky and Mel loved them. I really should make them again.
In 2012 I found another cute heart dress, so just for fun she wore it the Sunday before Valentine's Day. This year she was in kindergarten. The teachers had the parents make cards that they presented to each kid and then had a little party. She received a lot of Valentines!

 This year was a lot of the same in the morning. The table was set with little gifts, I put together a special lunch for Mel to take to school (only the Valentine's stuff is in the picture), and at school they had a party.
 
Aren't those flowers beautiful? They were from Rocky and Melodie (the chocolates are my gift every year from Rocky - he picks out my favorite See's candies).
 To change things up a little bit, I took Melodie to Knott's Berry Farm after school. She had fun at Camp Snoopy, but she had even more fun at night when we went with Rocky and she went on big rides that I couldn't take her on.

 
You'll have to wait for my next post to find out how our Valentine's Day ended. There was some excitement!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment