Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Tree Pictures

A few years ago I switched from regular Christmas cards (which I love) to the photo ones. You know, the ones where you just plug in a picture to a website and order as many as you need. I had resisted for a while, but my kid was just so cute! In 2008 I took her to Downtown Disney (DTD) to take pictures of her in her Christmas dress by their beautiful tree.

I don't claim to be a photographer. I have a simple point and shoot camera I barely know how to use. I am not creative with poses. But I had a great time. It was slightly challenging to get a 2 year old to hold still, but she's such a ham. We both had fun.


And then I remembered that the various Disneyland hotels would had trees in their lobbies. So we took pictures by the trees at the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel, and the Grand Californian as well.
This was a little more difficult because I can never get the lighting quite right. It was also fun just seeing the different trees. I ended up using a picture of her in front of the DTD tree.

The next year I knew I wanted to do the same thing. Again, we had fun. This year she started doing poses, which I thought were hilarious.
Besides trees in the hotels, we found Santa's photo spot at DLH. Without him there, we could take as much time as we wanted taking pictures in front of the amazing set up they have.
 We skipped 2010 because we went to Walt DisneyWorld in Oct/Nov. They started putting up Christmas decorations in Nov so we used pictures from the trip.

2011 we went back again. This time there were a lot more poses that Melodie wanted to try.

And that brings us to this year. We were so excited. It was threatening rain, so we quickly went to DTD since that's the only tree that is outside. It wasn't there. Instead there was a Disney Fairies ice skating rink. I was pretty sad. They did have a little photo op spot with two snow covered trees. But I really like traditional Christmas colors. These trees were decorated in pink, blue, lime green and purple. I went with it anyway, because that's why we were there.
The DTD pictures are the two on the left. We also never made it to the Grand Californian because it started raining. It wasn't quite worth the walk over there because it had started raining and the tree is so orange.
 Next year I'll be doing this with two kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment